3/30/2010

Convert Video to DVD for your Home DVD Player

Converting Videos for your Home DVD Player may sound hard but once you have the right tools to help you it's easy!


All you have to do is convert the video to the right video format so your home DVD player will know how to play the files.


DivxToDVD and DVD Flick are both very helpful to convert videos for your home DVD player. What these programs will do is convert your videos to the (.VOB) format with (.BUP) and (.IFO) files all inside a VIDEO_TS folder.


Once you have the files I talked about above inside the VIDEO_TS folder all you have to do is burn the VIDEO_TS folder onto a data dvd disc.


Home DVD Players can read the VIDEO_TS folder and its files inside and will play the videos on your TV.


So How Long?
Video files around 700MB-1GB usually take about an hour to convert to the correct format. An hour isn't that long but it's still a bit of a wait so I like to start converting the videos before I go to bed at night or before I go to work so later that night or the next day I can burn them to a DVD and watch it on my home DVD player.


What program should I use to burn the files to DVD?
I like to use CyberLink Power2Go 6 because after you make the VIDEO_TS folder from above it lets you burn your existing DVD folder to a DVD very easily. CyberLink Power2Go 6 also lets you burn to CDs, DVDs, and Blu Ray discs. It also has a Audio Ripper and Audio Converter that lets you copy your music CDs to your computer and convert your music to other formats like (.mp3).


What kind of DVDs to Buy?
I like to use Sony DVD-R discs. Sony DVD-R discs look nice so if you want to write on the front of the disc there is plenty of space to write clearly and I haven't had many errors while burning with this brand like I've had before with other brands.


What you need to Start is Here!
  1. DivxToDVD or DVD Flick
  2. CyberLink Power2Go 6 or other Burning Software
  3. Sony DVD-R discs


    I hope this post has helped you to learn How To Convert Videos for your Home DVD Player. If you have any more questions leave me a comment! :)

    0 comments:

    Follow me on Twitter:

    Quick Downloads:

    Quick Downloads
    Download what you need to Start Quickly Here! The New Quick Downloads Page.

    Subscribe VIA Email:

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

      © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP