3/29/2010

How to make Backup DVDs



Backing up DVDs doesn't take long and is easy to do!


It took a while for me to learn How to make Backup DVDs when I got my first DVD Burner but since then I've found a few helpful tools to make it a lot easier.


DVD Shrink is my favorite tool for backing up DVDs to my computer. If you are trying to make a backup DVD of a movie you own all you will have to do is start DVD Shrink and click the Open Disc tab load the DVD and backup the whole DVD or Re-author it the way you want it.


The backup will be ready to burn and watch on your home DVD player because it's a rip (copy) of a DVD so you don't have to do any extra converting to make it play on your home DVD player like I talked about in my Convert Videos for your Home DVD Player post.


DVD Decrypter is also a good tool for ripping DVD movies.


Is This Illegal?
Some will say that backing up a DVD movie is illegal and others say it's okay to do because you purchased the DVD. With these tools you are breaking the copy protected DVDs protection but I think it really matters what are you going to do with it next? Are you going to sell your backup DVDs to others for money or are you just making a backup of your DVD movie to watch it in your portable DVD player while you are on vacation to avoid getting scratches on your original DVD movie. Or are you ripping your DVD movie to your hard drive because it's easier to watch them when there already on your computer rather than searching in your DVD collection.

What I would say is if you are making backup DVDs of your purchased DVD movies just for personal use to keep your original DVD in mint condition your not going to have any problems making backup DVD movies.


What you need to Start is Here!
  1. DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter

I hope this post has helped you to learn How to make Backup DVDs. If you have any more questions leave me a comment! :)

0 comments:

Follow me on Twitter:

Quick Downloads:

Quick Downloads
Download what you need to Start Quickly Here! The New Quick Downloads Page.

Subscribe VIA Email:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP